Thursday, April 2, 2009

Getting used to being tired!

Today dawned cloudy and the rain started around noon and only stopped about an hour ago. Mike went over to the house at 9AM to meet our next door neighbor, who has a carpet and tile cleaning business. The guy did a great job and is really, really nice to boot. Will be a great neighbor. Everyone we have met has been super nice...the handyman, the locksmith, the appliance guy and our neighbor. He told us some good gossip about the guy who we bought the house from and the renters....both kind of low life scumbags...but that is what we thought by what we see in the house. Every time we touch something, it is lose, or dirty, or not installed properly, or done sloppily. There have been so many times that we have wondered what we were thinking to buy an house like this at our ages! My breaking point was trying to put up a shower curtain on a bathtub installed under an eve! They had one up when we looked at the house, but it took me forever to figure out how to do it!! It will take 2 shower curtains.......AND a liner! Yikes. When it is done I will put on a picture. Then I had to finish cleaning the tub..which had layers and layers of soap scum on it! Everything is filthy! We could not do much while he was cleaning the carpet and the tile...so shopped...bought a new hot water heater. Something we did not know that we would need right away....but were advised to get...so did! Good price...and bought some other stuff.

I was feeling that I needed more stuff as starting tomorrow we are going to be staying in the house.....and will on trips to here as we bring loads down. There are certain things we need...like shower curtains, toaster, towels, dishes, etc. So Mike came back here to the trailer and hung out with Cali and I went to Washington....which I thought was about a half hour away...but is every bit of 50 minutes away. There is a big Walmart there (just a small one here..but lucky to have it!), a Target, a Big Lots, a Lowe's and some other cool stores. I bought lots of stuff...mostly at Big Lots...which I have learned to LOVE!! Thanks Barb!! Anyway...by the time I got back was 5-ish and still raining. I wanted to do some more stuff at the house....put up that %&*# shower curtain, spray my wood kitchen cabs with wood cleaner, and make some lists etc, etc. Mikey went to a bar for dinner...and then picked me up and now we are back at the trailer. I don't think I am quite as tired as I was last night...but pretty tired! Right before I left, I was using the downstairs bathroom and pulled off some toilet paper and the friggin' holder is lose on the wall! Just one more thing!!!.......

And maybe it will always be like this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment