Friday, July 24, 2009

Dinner, plays and fun....oh my!

We have been so busy....doing lots of fun things. Been to several plays. Gone with our friends the Smiths and the Foulds to two plays in Rolla with dinner before. They were pretty good...the cast seems very good, the venue....a former church is really a nice theater.

Then last weekend I went in to St. Louis...spent the day shopping, visited our friend Margaret, and then went to a wonderful dinner at Cyrano's in Webster and a play my old friend Kevin Kurth both wrote and starred in at the Webster Theatre Guild. Having grown up in Webster Groves, I don't think I ever went to a play there!! This was a cute musical and Kevin's voice is wonderful as ever!! And I got to see some folks who were long ago in a play that I was in....Beatrix. Judy Moebeck, who played Beatrix Potter in that play was in this play and was sooo good...her voice is still awesome too! I spent the night at my friend Mary's house in Kirkwood and we went the next day to breakfast and then to the Kirkwood Farmer's market for lots of good fresh buys! A really fun weekend!!

Here we are at dinner...from left, Nancy, John G, John, M, Mary and Lynn...

Another view...John G, John M, his wife Sue, Mary and Nancy....

My friend Mary...thanks for such a good time at your house!


John's luscious dessert!


My dear friend for so many years, Lynn



My sweet and wonderful Nancy....





Kevin and me..... A new perm...it looks better now...still learning how to deal with it!!



And in other news....I got a job! I had interviewed at a couple of places including my old employer in St. Louis, VNA. I did agree to do flu shots for them in Oct and Nov (and maybe more months when the H1N1 vaccine becomes available). But then I interviewed at a small Skilled Nursing Facility right near here in Gerald...about 10-15 minutes from here. I went there and followed a nurse around for half a day to make sure it was where I wanted to work and I was impressed by the staff and how they treated the patients. They only have about 60 beds and usually are not but half full..right now just 20 something patients. It seems a good place, so I am going to give a try! Going to work about 4-6 days per month including 2 weekends a month on the 3-11 shift. It has been a while since I have worked that shift but I hate getting up and having to be somewhere early in the AM, so that should work out. I still have time to do things on the other weekends. If I end up not liking it, I can change...but I think I will like it! Will let you know!! That's if for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment