Wednesday, October 13, 2010

FOLLOW UP

One month after my surgery I returned to my orthopedist for a follow up exam and advise how to continue my treatment. I have followed my physician's advise to the letter, in spite of difficulty sleeping and restricted moving about in my world. We checked in at his office and I was taken to X-ray where they took pics of my hip. Wow, how interesting it was to see inside my body and the device implanted in my hip!
Plus the fact it is working well. Still no pain or discomfort to the joint or incision, just achiness in the other muscles of my back and legs. After the X-ray we sat in a examination room for a few minutes when all the lights went out. There we were in total darkness until a nurse came and herded us all into the parking lot in front of the medical center, not knowing why or what was happening. Everyone was there, patients like me with walkers, and some with IV's on a stand, and some in wheelchairs. My doctor spotted me there and came over and checked me out in the parking lot. He told me to get rid of the walker and go to a cane for two more weeks, continue on my meds, and check back with him in another month. Done!!!
Hallelujah!!! Jubilation reigns. It has been up hill from then on. Every day improvement is seen and felt. I am not back 100% yet, probably more like 75% and another 5% every week. I'm sleeping on both sides, walking without a cane a lot, but get tired easily. Hopefully in a month or so, I'll feel up to getting out the golf clubs again. Thanks to you all for your good wishes, prayers, and thanks for reading. Mike PS- the lights went out due to a transformer failure.

1 comment:

  1. You've been a good patient! Nice to have a live-in nurse to pamper, too.

    ReplyDelete