Sunday, September 26, 2010

Getting stronger.

Had I known this hip surgery would be so easy, shucks, I wouldn't have been so skeered. Fear of the unknown, that is just what is is. Solved by complete trust and faith in my surgeon and my God. Gosh I should have known, but then I'm only a poor dumb human. It will be three weeks since my surgery on this Tuesday, and I still have had little or no pain from my hip, or the incision since I left the hospital. The only complaint that I can think of is that the muscles in my other leg, lower back and arm and shoulders, hurt more than they usually do. They are compensating for the loss of weight bearing on my repaired hip. I am still using a walker which makes me feel like I'm 90 years older than I really am, but I could walk across the room without it I am sure. I hesitate to do anything that my doctor told me not to do, so I continue to be just an old dog. Judy has taken me out for a ride in the car, which was a treat, but I miss working in the yard and flower garden more than ever. I am going to follow the doctor's regimen to the letter and remain steadfast in my exercise and do the drugs as he has prescribed. I know in my heart that is best, I will continue to improve. Please return next week after my follow up with my surgeon, I may have more encouraging news. You all know that this is for the benefit of anyone who is contemplating hip surgery, and to put you at ease. Thanks for reading. Mike

1 comment:

  1. Good boy, Mike! When my husband had his rotator cuff surgery in 2003, he healed faster than any on record because he followed everything the dr said to do. If you were in the middle of a conversation and it was time to run his hand up the wall, well, that's what he did. Glad to hear things are going well.

    ReplyDelete